- MDT: The long road to present day MontanaThe Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) is celebrating 100 years of service.The MDT is responsible for roughly 10,000 miles of highway and interstate and that's a conservative estimate, according to MDT historian Jon Axline.It's Axline's job to know when and how those roads were laid. He takes us back to a time when the convenience of t […]
- Montana PSC chairman Gallagher diagnosed with cancerBill Gallagher, the chairman of the Montana Public Service Commission, announced on Tuesday that he has been diagnosed with early stage pancreatic cancer.In a press release, Gallagher says that he will begin treatment immediately and will likely undergo surgery at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.Gallagher, 53, says he is focusing on the […]
- Rainbow Family plans annual gathering in SW MontanaThe "Rainbow Family of Living Light" will host their annual gathering July 1-7 in the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest near Jackson.The gathering site is located 10 miles south and west of Jackson and Highway 278, where they also held a gathering in the summer of 2000.The Rainbow Family is a loose-knit group of people without formal leadership […]
- Montana anti-coal protesters hit with finesHELENA - The 14 anti-coal protesters who were arrested at the Capitol last summer were sentenced on Monday.The protesters, who staged a non-violent sit-in at the Capitol, will each pay a $340 fine.They were arrested for trespassing during their "Coal Export Action" protest in August 2012.They'd hoped to advance their cause under an old English […]
- Alcohol was a factor in Browning-area crash that killed 5 peopleThe Montana Highway Patrol has confirmed that Jason Hannon, 28 years old, was driving the truck that rolled near Browning over the weekend; five of the seven people in the truck died when it crashed.MHP has also confirmed that alcohol did play a role in the crash. The investigation also revealed that right before the crash, Hannon looked down to either answe […]
- Search continues for missing Livingston man after car foundThe search continues for Brad Spalding of Livingston, who was last seen on Wednesday and whose vehicle has been found at a Park County trailhead.Additional personnel are expected to join the search on Tuesday, including search and rescue teams from Sheriffs' offices in Gallatin County and Sweet Grass County, as well as the Civil Air Patrol.At around 11: […]
- Classic cars take off in Montana 500 raceGREAT FALLS - The streets of north central Montana will be rumbling with the sound of classic cars this week as the Montana 500 takes place.One of the participants is Sergio Hernandez, who said, "It's the rush, to be able to be here, and be part of the history."Hernandez recalled, "When I was younger I always wanted an old car. […]
- MDT: The long road to present day Montana
- Paul on Big Snake in Montana?
- john on Moving to Montana?
- Danny on Moving To Montana
- Ashley on Moving To Montana
- Jim Larson on “A brief wave of Montana envy unworthy of a proud Dakotan”
- matt on Big Snake in Montana?
- Barbara Keith on Moving To Montana
- norman lutz on Big Sky Bloggers
- Danny Noonan on Big Snake in Montana?
Seen over at Instapundit: “President Barack Obama on Thursday interviewed federal appeals court Judge Sidney Thomas of Montana for an opening on the Supreme Court, a person familiar with the conversation told The Associated Press.”
I could be wrong…but I think that this marks the first time that Instapundit has linked to the Great Falls Tribune.
And the NYT reports that Judge Thomas lives in Billings, got his bachelor’s degree from Montana State University, and his law degree from the University of Montana…which raises a very important question: does Thomas root for the Cats or the Griz?
- Old JB's building will become new Steve's CafeHELENA - Breakfast and lunch lovers in Helena will soon have another place to eat, as the building that once housed JB's restaurant will become home to a new Steve's Cafe location.It's one of the busiest intersections in Helena and has been sitting vacant for more than a year.Steve Vincelli, the owner of the popular cafe, explained, […]
- Missoula arson suspect appears in courtMISSOULA - Travis David Crosby of Missoula, accused of setting an apartment fire that left 45 people homeless, appeared in court Wednesday afternoon on a felony arson charge.Prosecutors say that Crosby, 28, set the fire at the Vantage Villa apartment complex after he received an eviction notice.He allegedly told investigators he was angry, so he lit a chair […]
- Butte man accused of attacking police officersTaylor Miller of Butte is facing two felony counts of assaulting a peace officer after his arrest on Monday afternoon.Miller, 20, was reportedly causing a disturbance in the 3400 block of St. Ann Street, according to Butte-Silver Bow Sheriff Ed Lester.Miller was reportedly being very combative and aggressive, and people in the area contacted law enforce […]
- Continuous coverage of severe weatherSevere thunderstorms are threatening central Montana on this Wednesday.The Storm Prediction Center has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for the KXLH viewing area until 10pm, which means conditions are favorable for severe weather to develop.A warning means severe weather is imminent or is already occurring.If a warning is issued for your area, take shelter […]
- Tornado Warning for parts of Broadwater, Meagher countiesA Tornado Warning has been issued for parts of Broadwater County and Meagher County.A funnel cloud has been spotted and is moving north at about 30 miles per hour.The warning is in effect until 3:45 pm.The National Weather Service reports:LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED A FUNNEL CLOUD. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED OVER EXTREME EAST CENTRAL BROADWATER COUNTY...OR 15 MIL […]
- Boeing Helena making its mark on new "Dreamliner" jetHELENA - Boeing Helena is making its mark on the world by fabricating parts for the company's newest jet.Boeing debuted it's new 787-10 "Dreamliner" at the legendary air show in Paris this week.Boeing Helena is responsible for making two parts for the side of the body where the wings attach to the fuselage.The release of the newest p […]
- Lewis & Clark County Commissioners adopt preliminary 2014 budgetHELENA - Lewis & Clark County Commissioners have adopted a preliminary 2014 budget.The budget pencils out to a little over $77 million dollars; that's a little more than $2 million dollars higher than last year.While county revenues were down by around $11 million dollars, the county is still able to balance the budget thanks to agency savings […]
- Natura Pet Products recalls all lots of dry food due to salmonella fearsNatura Pet Products is voluntarily recalling certain dry pet food items because it may be tainted with Salmonella.A press release on the Food and Drug Administrations website stated the products in question include all lot codes of: Innova Dry dog and cat food and biscuits/bars/treats; EVO dry dog, cat and ferret food and biscuits/bars/treats; California Nat […]
- SUV crashes into Billings houseBILLINGS - Shortly after 6 p.m. on Tuesday, police officers were dispatched to a report of a single-vehicle accident at the intersection of Lake Elmo Drive and Judith lane.Officers discovered a blue GMC Yukon had smashed into a house on Lake Elmo Drive.No one was in the house at the time of the crash.The GMC was driven by a woman in her 30's who was wit […]
- Fire destroys Seeley Lake homeSEELEY LAKE - A downed tree hit a propane tank that started a fire in Seeley Lake which destroyed a man's home on Tuesday evening.Seeley Lake Fire Chief Frank Maradeo tells us they believe wind blew down the tree, and although the tank didn't explode, it did spark a fire that quickly spread to the nearby house.The man who lived in the house wasn […]
- Old JB's building will become new Steve's Cafe
Most Commented Posts