- Woman injured by moose near MissoulaMISSOULA - A hiker with her dogs and a moose with her calf had an unfortunate encounter on Blue Mountain Trail west of Missoula on Thursday afternoon.The woman was walking her five dogs near Blue Mountain Trail when they came upon a moose and her calf.Officials say the dogs' primal instincts kicked in and they attacked the moose.The woman then trie […]
- President nominates Morris and Watters to federal benchPresident Obama has nominated two Montana judges to the federal judicial bench.The President announced the nomination of Montana Supreme Court Justice Brian Morris to fill Judge Sam Haddon's seat in Great Falls and Judge Susan Watters to fill Judge Richard Cebull's seat in Billings.Late last year Judge Cebull stepped down from the bench after news […]
- I-15 near Shelby now openThe Toole County Sheriff's Office reports that I-15 and the frontage roads have been re-opened.A stretch of the interstate and frontage road was closed after the Sheriff's office received a report that someone had found an improvised explosive device.Sheriff Donna Whitt says that her office received a call just before 11 a.m. from someone who repor […]
- I-15 closed near Shelby due to possible explosive deviceA section of I-15 near Shelby is closed after a person found what appears to be a homemade improvised explosive device.Toole County Sheriff Donna Whitt says that her office received a call just before 11 a.m. from someone who reported finding the device.An explosive ordnance disposal team from Malmstrom Air Force Base has been dispatched to the site to inves […]
- Search underway after man reportedly steals vehicles near BelgradeBELGRADE - A search is underway for a man who reportedly stole three vehicles and broke into a house on Thursday morning.Authorities set up a perimeter east of the River Rock Subdivision near Belgrade, but the man got away in a third stolen vehicle, according to officials.The man is now believed to be driving a white GMC pickup truck with a silver toolbox in […]
- Big Sky Honor Flight takes Montana WWII veterans to D.C.More than 80 WWII veterans returned to the Treasure State on Monday after participating in the fourth Big Sky Honor Flight.The program gives veterans an up-close look at some of the nation's most iconic war and historic memorials.The highlight of the trip was a visit to the shrine they helped create, the World War II Memorial.The memorial is a spectacul […]
- Crash near Butte sends 1 person to hospitalBUTTE - A two-vehicle collision on I-90 resulted in one person being taken to St. James Healthcare on Wednesday.The Montana Highway Patrol responded to mile marker 216 at around 4:45 p.m.Both vehicles were traveling west on I-90.Three people travelling in a Pontiac van were wearing their seatbelts.One person in a white passenger car was not wearing a se […]
- Woman injured by moose near Missoula
- Paul on Big Snake in Montana?
- john on Moving to Montana?
- Danny on Moving To Montana
- Ashley on Moving To Montana
- Jim Larson on “A brief wave of Montana envy unworthy of a proud Dakotan”
- matt on Big Snake in Montana?
- Barbara Keith on Moving To Montana
- norman lutz on Big Sky Bloggers
- Danny Noonan on Big Snake in Montana?
Marbles was a very good dog, as evidenced by the love between him and his family. But then tragedy struck, when Marbles was shot dead on January 8th. The family was heartbroken, of course, but they aren’t taking this the way most folks do: they’ve taken their campaign to the web, and the press is covering the story, too. Susann and Doug Saarel are strong people; I don’t know anything about this sad story beyond what’s on their site, but I admire the way that they are dealing with it – taking action.
- Woman arrested near MT Capitol building after hitting guard with Santa signHELENA - A Billings woman was arrested in the early morning hours of Friday near the Capitol after knocking on the locked doors and asking to speak to the governor about the Make-A-Wish Foundation.It was around 2:30 a.m. when police responded to the Capitol building.It was also around then that they got calls about a woman matching the same description that […]
- Kiah Foundation Fun Day on Saturday at L&CC FairgroundsOn Saturday at the Lewis & Clark County Fairgrounds, the Kiah Foundation is holding their annual Fun Fair, their biggest fundraiser of the year.The Kiah Foundation was started by a family that lost their daughter Makiah to cancer in 2010 and began a foundation that same year.Their aim is to help Montana families with expenses that come with seeking treat […]
- MDT considers arming motor carrier officers(HELENA) The Montana Department of Transportation is considering arming its motor carrier officers with guns.The agency confirms it's weighing the pros and cons of putting weapons in the hands of about 30 transportation workers who check the weights and sizes of semi trucks and other large vehicles.MDT has not yet made a decision about whether or not th […]
- Zolman charged with deceptive practices at Helena grocery storeNicholas Daniel Zolman has been charged with a felony for alleged deceptive practices while on the job at Albertsons in Helena.Zolman was arrested and appeared in Justice Court on Thursday afternoon on the charge.According to court documents, Zolman was ringing up merchandise in a purported sale, without ever paying for the items.He then allegedly retur […]
- Bass facing another felony chargeCoty Alan Bass of Helena, charged with alleged possession of stolen items from Kessler school, was back in Justice Court on Thursday on new felony theft charges.Bass, 20, was charged with felony theft and criminal mischief for allegedly smashing a window out of the Budewitz Law Firm on Helena Avenue and stealing $3,000 in cash in January 2013.Bass […]
- Bail set at $100K for man accused of Gallatin County crime spreeBOZEMAN - Matthew Brandemihl is being held in the Gallatin County jail on $100,000 bond after allegedly stealing three cars, breaking into a house, and then leading police on a chase across two counties and into the mountains near Pony, where he eventually surrendered.Brandemihl, 31, appeared before Gallatin County Justice Court Judge Bryan Adams on Fri […]
- Homicide investigated in Worden; deputies shoot man, find bodyDetails are still unfolding in a series of incidents Friday morning near a bar in Worden, northwest of Billings.According to Yellowstone County Sheriff Mike Linder, Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of suspicious activities in or around an alley near the 406 Bar at approximately 2:30 a.m. on Friday.After arriving on scene at 2430 Main Street, dep […]
- Missing/endangered person alert issued for Zachary Morris Strong of MissoulaThe Missoula Police Department has issued a Missing/Endangered Person Advisory for Zachary Morris Strong.Zachary is a 24-year-old white man, 6'0", 180 pounds, with light brown hair and blue eyes.He was last seen on Wednesday evening at his home on Pamela Street in Missoula, wearing blue pants and a blue polo shirt.He has decreased mental capacity a […]
- "Hoax" explosive device shuts down I-15 near ShelbyNEAR SHELBY - The item believed to be a homemade improvised explosive device or pipe bomb found near I-15 was actually just a hoax device, according to Toole County Sheriff Donna Whitt.The whole incident forced several miles of the interstate to be shut down for more than five hours on Thursday.Sheriff Whitt says her office received a call just before 11 a.m […]
- Rain showers for Friday morningAn upper level trough continues to be widespread today through Saturday, bringing showers to Central Montana.Morning showers are expected from the Hi Line down to Helena and are expected to clear by this afternoon revealing partly sunny skies.Winds will be a bit breezy today with sustained winds from the southwest at 5 to 15 mph and gusts up to 24mph near G […]
- Woman arrested near MT Capitol building after hitting guard with Santa sign
Most Commented Posts