- Woman who died of Hantavirus remembered by fianceBOZEMAN - More than a week after RheaLynn Baxter died after contracting Hantavirus, her fiancé Zak Stark is left grappling with the news of her death.Meanwhile, some neighbors in the mobile home court where she lived are preparing to move.Baxter, 20, was admitted to the emergency department in a Bozeman hospital and discharged with what she thought wa […]
- Honor Flight takes more Montana WWII veterans to D.C.WASHINGTON, DC - More than 80 Montana veterans of World War II are in the nation's capital as part of the latest Big Sky Honor Flight trip.Once the Big Sky Honor Flight touched down in Washington, DC on Sunday afternoon, there were cheers, there was music - and there was thanks from all ages."I'm pleased here, my kids had a heck of a time gett […]
- Scammers targeting older MontanansGREAT FALLS - Statistics from the Montana Attorney General's office show that an estimated one in four elderly Montanans fall victim to scammers.Martha Blevins received a phone call about a month ago from an out-of-state number saying she was the big winner."The whole time my heart was beating about 100 mph, because I though maybe...maybe it's […]
- Face The State: MT Fish, Wildlife & ParksJeff Hagener, the director of the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, was the featured guest on "Face The State" on Sunday, May 19, 2013.Hagener was appointed to the position by Governor Steve Bullock several months ago.Hagener previously served as director of the FWP from 2001 - 2008, and before that, he worked as a senior biologist at NewFields, […]
- MT Supreme Cowboy challenge held in HelenaThe Montana Supreme Cowboy Challenge was held in Helena over the weekend.Kriss Frank, the co-chair of the event, explained, "It's an obstacle course that's set up and it's to test the skills of the horse and rider on everything that you would run into in a normal working ranch or trail riding situation. Drags, tunnels bridges, backs, all […]
- Montana Amber Alert canceled; child safe, suspect in custodyPOLSON - Authorities in Lake County say they've located Polson toddler Lillianah BigCrane, who was reportedly abducted from her home on Saturday night, and have arrested the woman accused of taking her.An Amber Alert had been issued earlier this morning for 2-year old Lillianah after she was forcibly taken from her home in Polson.Police said 34-year old […]
- Amber Alert issued for Montana child Lillianah BigCranePOLSON - An Amber Alert has been issued for Lillianah BigCrane, a two-year old girl from Polson.The Montana Department of Justice says that a suspect, identified as Jamie Finley, entered a residence at 706 9th Avenue East in Polson, assaulted the mother, and abducted 2-year old Lillianah BigCrane.The suspect is reported to under the influence of drugs and th […]
- Woman who died of Hantavirus remembered by fiance
- Paul on Big Snake in Montana?
- john on Moving to Montana?
- Danny on Moving To Montana
- Ashley on Moving To Montana
- Jim Larson on “A brief wave of Montana envy unworthy of a proud Dakotan”
- matt on Big Snake in Montana?
- Barbara Keith on Moving To Montana
- norman lutz on Big Sky Bloggers
- Danny Noonan on Big Snake in Montana?
As many of you already know, Senator Baucus and his family are grieving over the loss of Marine CPL Phillip Baucus who was killed in Iraq on Saturday. I found this on Montana’s New Station:
WASHINGTON – Senator Max Baucus will accompany his nephew’s body on a flight from Delaware’s Dover Air Force Base to Montana later this week.
Marine Corporal Phillip died Saturday during combat operations in Iraq. The Department of Defense says the 28-year-old was killed in the province of Al Anbar.The Democratic senator’s spokesman says Baucus isn’t expected to return to the Senate before the August recess begins next week.
Barrett Kaiser says Baucus is expected to fly to Montana with the body on Thursday or Friday. Funeral arrangements have not yet been announced.
(Photo from CNN International)
- Dozens reported dead in Oklahoma tornadoNEAR OKLAHOMA CITY - A massive tornado that ripped across Moore on Monday afternoon has killed at least 51 people. The twister wiped out neighborhoods, destroyed two schools and left dozens injured.The state medical examiner confirmed the number of people killed, but there's no specific number on how many people have been injured.The powerful tornado fi […]
- Woman who died of Hantavirus remembered by fianceBOZEMAN - More than a week after RheaLynn Baxter died after contracting Hantavirus, her fiancé Zak Stark is left grappling with the news of her death. Meanwhile, some neighbors in the mobile home court where she lived are preparing to move.Baxter, 20, was admitted to the emergency department in a Bozeman hospital and discharged with what she thou […]
- MSU professor dies from injuries sustained in landslide in NepalBetsy Palmer, an associate professor of education at Montana State University, passed away Monday as a result of injuries sustained in a landslide while traveling in Nepal, university officials announced Monday.Palmer was in Nepal leading a group of 16 students on a course offered through the University Honors Program at MSU. None of the students were injure […]
- 2013 State Softball Scores and PairingsHere are the updated pairings and scores from the State Softball Tournaments across Montana. Scores and pairings will be updated as they become available. STATE AA SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT (In Great Falls)Thursday2pm - Kalispell Glacier vs. Butte2pm - Billings West vs. Helena Capital4pm - CMR vs. Missoula Sentinel4pm - Missoula Big Sky vs. Great Falls High […]
- Bullock appoints Motl as Commissioner of Political PracticesHELENA - Governor Steve Bullock has appointed Jonathan Motl as the new Commissioner of Political Practices.Motl works as an attorney in Helena and has experience in campaign finance and election litigation.Republican legislative leaders expressed concerns over the appointment saying that Motl's Democratic ties are cause for concern.MT Senate Majority Le […]
- Collision on York Road results in minor injuriesA head-on collision on York Road on Monday afternoon left the occupants with only minor injuries.The crash happened at around 1:30 p.m. when a white Subaru headed west was in the wrong lane attempting to turn left on Wylie Drive.That's when a small blue pick-up truck came around the corner and couldn't avoid crashing into it.The Montana Highway Pat […]
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74Ray Manzarek, keyboardist and founding member of The Doors, passed away on Monday in Rosenheim, Germany after a lengthy battle with bile duct cancer.According to The Doors Facebook page, at the time of his passing, he was surrounded by his wife Dorothy Manzarek, and his brothers Rick and James Manczarek.Manzarek is best known for his work with The Doors who […]
- YWCA receives $10,000 grant from community foundationThe YWCA in Helena was presented with a big check Monday thanks to a grant from the Lewis and Clark County Community Foundation (LCCF).The $10,000 grant will help the organization turn two small rooms into a bedroom to be utilized by a homeless woman and her children.The YWCA applied for the grant because they are always in need of funding to help serve home […]
- Massive Tornado Rips Across Metro OKC AreaMOORE, Oklahoma - Emergency crews rushed to south Moore, trying to rescue residents, students and staff who may be trapped in destroyed homes and an elementary school.The massive tornado first touched down in Newcastle and churned toward Interstate 44 and S.W. 149th Street. It ripped down Santa Fe and hit Briarwood Elementary School. Parents ran to the schoo […]
- Fight between neighbors injures 1 man; one man arrestedA fight between two neighbors in a Helena area trailer court is being investigated after reports of a knife being brandished and a man being injured.The assault was reported shortly after 10:30 a.m. on Monday at the 3500 block of Pebble Gardens Estates after two men got into a fight.According to Lewis & Clark County Undersheriff Dave Rau, a kn […]
- Dozens reported dead in Oklahoma tornado
Most Commented Posts